Don't forget to leave your comments!

Thursday 13 November 2008

Twitter Applications For The N95


It is my opinion that there isn't a fully efficient Twitter application for S60 devices, but there are some decent ones like Twibble, Twitteresce, and Fring.

Twibble

Twibble is a software developed by a German company. It obviously allows you to update your Twitter status, besides that it also gives you the chance to update your location using the built-in GPS- the bad part of this feature is that when your contacts see your update that contains your location, they only find your coordinates instead of a link that would take you to Google Maps or something like that, you can only find yourself in map if you are using the twibble desktop software. Get the application here, or scan the code below to get it straight to your phone.



Twitteresce

This one is a simple application. You post your updates, and can also see what the people you follow are up to but nothing else. Not that great since it fails to login very often and drains your battery. Download it here, or scan the code below to get it.



Fring

Finally, there is Fring. This application is mainly designed to use Skype with your mobile, but they have added the option to post your twitter updates as well. The good part (or anoying part, as you wish) is that you get real-time updates of what the people you follow are posting, so unless you mute your phone it can drive you crazy. Get Fring here.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been using Twibble for a while now on both the e71 and the n95. Great app, IMO. Easy to use, allows you to post pics from the app itself too.

Anonymous said...

I've been using Slandr (slandr.net) on my Nokia N95 8GB..what I like about it is that you can see the avatars (not just names, but the pictures)..For photos I've taken: I just send them to Mobypicture via email and it is posted on twitter as well..like it very much.

Anonymous said...

Followed your advice and am now a happy Twibbler, thanks

hew said...

Hi, this is the first time I've used the barcode reader function and it was fun. Thanks. I also found this short video on using it from youtube which explains how to use the barcode function and a variety of different ways that it could be used.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GcEE2dD4GI

Miguel said...

I'm glad I could help!

Nokia n95 review said...

Thanks you so much for this application. I didn't aware of it. Now I will do this in my n95.

Search

Google